Pikes Peak From High In Garden Of The Gods
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Pikes Peak From High In Garden Of The Gods
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: From I-25 turn west on Garden of the Gods Road and continue until it ends at 30th Street. Turn left (south) and travel 1.5 miles to the entrance of the park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: One of my very favorite places from which to photograph Pikes Peak is Garden of the Gods park. In the evening one can image the red rocks in the park as the sun sets them aglow before it dips behind the Peak and the Front Range. Depending upon the time of year the setting sun also casts different lighting conditions on the Peak itself. From one of the higher trails in the Garden I was able to capture this view of an almost black and white Pikes Peak which contrasted nicely with the foreground of red sandstone rocks and a lone twisted juniper tree whose roots appeared to be searching for water in the dry landscape.
- Gear: Sony A700 DSLR Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter, Ledvon 2540 Q Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 162 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!