Autumn Bell Reflection
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Autumn Bell Reflection
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Between Aspen and Snowmass Colorado
- Nearest Town: Aspen
- Brief Directions: I-70 West to Glenwood Springs exit. Go south on HWY 82 to Snowmass/Aspen and follow the signs to Maroon Bells!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Maroon Bells are two peaks in the Elk Mountains, Maroon Peak and North Maroon Peak, separated by about a third of a mile. The mountain is on the border between Pitkin County and Gunnison County, Colorado, United States, about 12 miles southwest of Aspen. Both peaks are counted as fourteeners. Maroon Peak, at 14,156 feet, is the 27th highest peak in Colorado; North Maroon Peak, at 14,014 feet, is the 50th highest. The view of the Maroon Bells to the southwest from the Maroon Creek valley is one of the most famous scenes in Colorado, and is reputed to be the "most-photographed spot in Colorado" and one of Colorado's premier scenic overlooks.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 28-70, F2.8 IF ED lens, GND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 178 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!