Beautiful 3 Toed Box Turtle
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Beautiful 3 Toed Box Turtle
- State/Province/Region: Arkansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Woods/ Rural
- Nearest Town: Hector
- Brief Directions: 5 Miles South of Hector, AR, 12 miles North of Atkins and 20 miles NE of Russellville, AR.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A case of mistaken Identity. I thought the Box Turtle was an Ornate Box Turtle from the beautiful design on his shell. Fooled the Expert too. Alas, he ended up being just an unusual 3-toed Box Turtle. I never have seen one so colorful. It was measured and aged to be around 10 years old. I give the finding to my toy Beagle who found it for me on our woody property at home.
- Gear: Canon 30SD with 75-300mmm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 252 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!