Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Vermillion-Sky
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vermillion Cliffs
- Nearest Town: Marble Canyon
- Brief Directions: About 10 miles south on US 89A from Marble Canyon
- Description: Rays of light through the broken clouds right after sunset, with hews of reddish orange. While heading back to Page, AZ on US 89A after a day of photography. The sky started changing and it looked like it would be a marvelous sunset, but could not see to the horizon. So I picked up the speed and started looking for a decent viewing point. Reached a high point then had to scramble to get cameras and tripods set up. Was able to get off several shots, but this was after the sun had already set. This shot is a composite of three shots then merged in Photomatix Pro.Rays of light through the broken clouds right after sunset, with hews of reddish orange
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk II with Canon EF24-70 f/2.8L USM Gitzo Tripod with RRS Ballhead. Visit my web site at http://www.rdvfineartphotography.com/
This Photo Has Been Viewed 600 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!