Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: White-tailed Ptarmigan
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Guanella Pass
- Nearest Town: Georgetown
- Brief Directions: I-70 to Georgetown. Then follow the road up to the pass. In the winter, they do close the road about two miles from the summit. So extra hiking or snowshoeing is required.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: One of my favorite spots to photograph white tailed ptarmigan is Guanella Pass in Colorado. Winter is a great time to photograph these birds. With white on white, it really makes fro a clean image.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark2 300mm f/4L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 165 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!