Tule Elk At Sunrise, Point Reyes
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Tule Elk At Sunrise, Point Reyes
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Tomales Point
- Nearest Town: Inverness
- Brief Directions: Go North on highway 101 from San Francisco, take Sir Francis Drake exit towards Point Reyes National Seashore and follow the Park map to Tomales Point Elk Reserve.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I wanted to take photos of the Tule Elk at first light, so drove to Tomales Point while it was pitch dark. Luckily, I found the herd close to the road side before sunrise. As the red glow of the sun began to appear, it started raining and then I saw the rainbow. Not a planned photo, but it was a magical moment and I was the only human presence on the hill top.
- Gear: Canon 5D3, Canon 70-300L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 117 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!