Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Gulf Waterscape
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gulf of Mexico
- Nearest Town: Tapron Springs
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: 1/400th sec. @ f4, ISO 100. Shot while fishing near shore in the Gulf of Mexico. I was enamored by the simple scene formed by the colors and leading lines but could not seem to reproduce it satisfactorily in camera. I only had my point and shoot camera with me and after several failed attempts to get the results I was looking for I decided to try and use my polarized sunglasses in front of the lens. That did the trick, glare was reduced, the colors finally popped and the color break formed by the shallow water was more defined. My cheap sunglasses turned out to be the most “cost effective” polarizing filter I ever purchased.
- Gear: Canon Poweshot S100 & Polarized Sunglasses
This Photo Has Been Viewed 224 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!