Splash Of Red
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Splash Of Red
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Banner Elk, Boone, Western North Carolina
- Nearest Town: Linville NC
- Brief Directions: Accessible from mile post 316.4 along the Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina.
- GPS Longitude: 81.9278
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Linville Falls is probably the most popular, certainly the most photographed waterfall along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. After a strenuous 3/4 mile hike to the bottom in the rain and mist, we were rewarded with total solitude with this magnificent fall scene. Compositions galore exist for the adventurous soul wiling to hike to the bottom. This one red shrub seeking life from a rock face captured my eye and became an integral part of the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D600, Nikon 16-35mmVR lens, Gitzo Tripod, RRS BH-40 Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 487 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!