Cannon Beach Sunset
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Cannon Beach Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Cannon Beach
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I've been coming to Cannon Beach since I was just a little kid way back in the 1960's and have a very fond spot in my heart for this beautiful place. As an adult, and especially since photography took over my life, I've wanted to get just one chance at a beautiful sunset, but every night always seems to be just too cloudy. Well tonight that all finally changed for me as there was a break on the western horizon over the Pacific Ocean right at sunset and for a little while afterwards!
The funny thing is I almost left all of my gear in the hotel room so my wife and I could enjoy a nice walk on the beach, especially since we were there celebrating her birthday. However, as I was watching the sun getting lower in the sky and the gaps in the clouds and on the horizon I just knew leaving the gear behind would be a mistake. Good thing I brought and especially that I have a wonderfully understanding wife!
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 26459 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!