Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Sky Walker
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Springs
- Brief Directions: I chose this shot as the colors on the cliffs across the pass silhouette the sheep so nicely. To me, the sunlight of the golden cliffs is the perfect description of how the name Yellowstone came to be.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: We stumbled upon a herd of Dall Sheep on the cliffs headed towards Dunraven pass. There were 4 or 5 kids as well who played in our midst as if it weren't already enough to keep us entertained.
The encounter lasted for over 20 minutes.
- Gear: Canon 30D 100-400IS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 365 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!