Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Smoke Break
- State/Province/Region: Kansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Flint Hills, Kansas
- Nearest Town: Westmoreland
- Brief Directions: The Flint Hills of Kansas are located in east-central Kansas, from near the Nebraska border, south to Oklahoma. I-70 runs right through the heart of the Flint Hills.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This cowboy was strumming on his guitar, and took a break, lighting a cigarette. I composed this shot, complete with the pickup truck hitch in the top left background, while waiting for him to put the cigarette up to his mouth. This was photographed during the Flint Hills spring prairie burns, which take place the first 2 weeks in April each year.
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D, 50mm F1.4 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 355 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!