A Sense Of Solitude
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: A Sense Of Solitude
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grayson Highlands State Park
- Nearest Town: Mouth of Wilson, VA
- Brief Directions: A four mile hike along the Appalachian Trail from Grayson Highlands State Park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I was filled with awe as I walked through this forest. There was total silence, water dripped from the trees, and tendrils of fog wound their way through the forest.
This trail leads from the Appalachian Trail to the top of Mount Rogers, the highest point in Virginia at 5729 feet.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 290 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!