Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Church Rock
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands National Park
- Nearest Town: La Sal Junction
- Brief Directions: Sits on the East side of Hwy. 191 in Eastern Utah between Monticello and Moab, UT.
- Description: This formation is called "Church Rock". I was only able to find limited information on this particular geographical feature. The opening to Church Rock is approximately 16 ft. high and 24 ft. across. The opening was cut by Marie Ogden's religious cult in the early 1920's to make a church. They had plans to hollow out the entire center. These plans were never finished and by 1949 these plans were abandoned, since Marie Ogden's followers had dwindles to just 8 members.
- Gear: Canon Rebel XTi
This Photo Has Been Viewed 469 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!