The Glade Creek Grist Mill
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: The Glade Creek Grist Mill
- State/Province/Region: West Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Babcock State Park, West Virginia
- Nearest Town: Clifftop, WV
- Brief Directions: Located in Fayette County in south central West Virginia, Babcock State Park. Easily accessible from Beckley and points south following US 19 north.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Glade Creek Grist Mill was created by combining parts and pieces of three mills from West Virginia. Completed in 1976 and fully operable, the mill is a re-creation of one that ground grain before Babcock became a state park. The basic structure of the mill dates back to 1890 and came from Stoney Creek Grist Mill in Pocahontas County. The water wheel was salvaged from Spring Run Grist Mill new Petersburg, Grant County. Other parts for the mill came from Onego Grist Mill near Seneca Rocks in Pendleton County.
The mill is fully operable.
- Gear: Canon 5D, 24-70MM Canon L Lens, Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 312 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!