Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: Freedom Falls
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Venango county
- Nearest Town: Rockland
- Brief Directions: From the junction of US 322 and PA257 in Cranberry follow PA257 south through Rockland to the village of Pittsville. One block beyond the junction of T361 in Pittlville T480 junctions right. Follow T480. About one mile south of Pittsville T480 turns sharply and crosses a small run. Continue until you are about 1.5 miles south of Pittsville and look for a large rock on the left. Just beyond the rock listen for the sound of a waterfall. Park here. Enter the woods and take a path to the left toward Shulls Run about 50 yards.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Freedom Falls is a very scenic falls located in a remote spot reachable by some rough roads. The falls is one of the larger and wilder falls in this part of the country. It is over 20' high and 50' wide. It is located in some state owned game lands on Shull Run about a 1/2 mile upstream of Allegheny River.
- Gear: Canon Rebel XT, 18-55 kit lens, bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 740 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!