A Winter In Estes Park
Submitted to: Your Favorite Places
- Title: A Winter In Estes Park
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Estes Park, CO
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On my 1st winter trip to Colorado with my brand new 7D I found myself to be somewhat like a kid in a candy store. Photographing almost everything in site this trip would be remembered as one of my most successful amature photoraphy trips I could have hoped for. As my sister kept me company throughout the day helping me find places to photograph, we came across this frozen lake bed upon entering Estes Park, CO. Wanting to capture as much of what I could see as possible I made my way down onto the frozen lake bed. Not having a graduated filter yet, I was Still able to expose correctly for my sky, as well as my foreground thanks to the rays of sun peaking through the afternoon clouds illuminating the frozen lake. My take on this photo, given all the right elements that only mother-nature can provide
I was able to capture this image without the use of any other equipment. As nice as it is to have a vast resource of tools and knowledge, sometimes it is simply just not needed, because in reality, mother nature does not need our help in being beautiful, or perhaps we would not be photographing it in the 1st place.
- Gear: Canon 7D 15-85mm, carbon fiber tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 167 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!