(© Joseph Rossbach)With Christmas just around the corner, if your like me you've waited to the last minute to do your holiday shopping. If you have a photographer in your life, your probably thinking you can't get them something they will love without spending a small fortune. Well you might be surprised! Here are a few photo-centric gifts that the photographer in your life will love!!!
- Adobe Lightroom V4 - If your loved one is serious about photography, then give them the gift of unlimited potential with Adobe Lightroom V4. In my opinion, Lightroom V4 is the absolute best software on the market for not only developing your images, but also includes a strong Library, Print module and much, much more. Coming in at just 149.00, this is a no brainer gift that any serious photographer will love.
- Kirk L Bracket - Having the ability to switch from horizontal to vertical without moving the ball head is a huge advantage. Once you've shot with an L-bracket, you will wonder why you waited so long to buy one. Kirk makes some of the best photo products on the market and each L-bracket is specifically designed to perfectly fit any major camera body on the market. Kirk is what I use and love their products!!!
- Garmin Foretrex 301 Wrist-mounted GPS - Take it from me, nothing is worse than getting lost in the wilds. Before hand held GPS, I spent one very scary night roaming around the Bisti Badlands of Northern New Mexico lost and scared. Since then, I never hit the trail without a handheld GPS. It allows the photographer to track his/her path for easy return, especially in the dark. Not to mention, handheld GPS can be instrumental in planning wilderness trips as well as marking locations for future shooting sessions. I like the Garmin Foretrex because it goes on your wrist just like a watch, is always available and allows you to keep your hands free while negotiating wild terrain.
- BH Photo & Video Gift Card - BH Photo Video has anything any photographer ever wanted. What better than to give them a Gift Card and let em' go wild. Gist Cards are available in denominations from $20 to $1000.
- f-stop Guru w/ Small ICU - The f-stop Guru is a great gift for photographers who like to hike while keeping the load light and comfortable on their backs. The Guru in combination with the Small Pro ICU allows for one camera body, a couple lenses and plenty of extra space for clothing, filters and other gear. This is a must have bag for nature photography day hikes into the wilds.