I have two questions

Share ideas for getting the best results with digital photography tools and software, let others know what works for you, and post the questions that confront you.

Moderator: admin

I have two questions

Postby peter nap » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:22 pm

I have Photoshop 4 (I know, I'm cheap, but I'll upgrade sometime)

I have my camera set for RAW+Jpeg. My photoshop won't read the RAW files which have a file extension of CR2 File. Could someone shed some light on the file differences?

Also, how can I read the data in the picture *F stop, etc).

Thanks!
peter nap

Re: I have two questions

Postby bob_r » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Peter,

I can't help with your version of PS. Whenever Canon (or any camera manufacturer) releases a new camera with a new file format, they usually inform adobe of the file structures and Adobe comes out with a fix for PS. They don't normally release updates on software as old as yours, so you're stuck using the software that came with your camera. You can use DPP to open the raw files and you can see the shooting info by clicking on "file" and then "info". You can also edit the files with DPP and then "convert and save" as jpg files.

You can use a freebie called Opanda to view the exif data in images whenever it hasn't been deleted from them. Here's a link where I posted the download info:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2031

Bob
bob_r

Postby Bonish Photo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Peter, I think, and I'm only saying this loosely, but you might be able to go to Adobe's website and download an update to be able to view the RAW files on your cpu.

I know Luca would be the one to ask on this as he's always light years ahead of me when it comes to Photochop.

I'm still using CS3, and I'll bet he's been beta testing CS4 for some time now.
Pat Bonish
Every Miles A Memory
Bonish Photo
Low-Key Hideaway - Birding Paradise
If you want to Edit any of my images to show various options, feel free to do so!
Bonish Photo

Postby peter nap » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:53 am

Thanks Pat, but I am going to bite the bullet and get CS. I am getting technology overload lately and it's just easier to buy the latest and greatest, rather than try to patch up my outdated stuff.
peter nap

Return to Digital Darkroom