Colonial Park Cemetery

Equipment Info
if *
State/Province/Region
GA
Country
US
Town
Savannah
Notes

Must see!

Description

Colonial Park Cemetery is approximately 6 acres in size and is located in the heart of Savannah’s Historic District. The cemetery is located at 201 Abercorn Street at its intersection with Oglethorpe Avenue. It is open to pedestrians from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily and is a very popular site for local citizens and tourists. The park-like cemetery has been closed to interments since 1853 and is the oldest intact municipal cemetery in Savannah. Previously known as the Old Cemetery, Old Brick Graveyard, South Broad Street Cemetery or Christ Church Cemetery, the cemetery served as the primary public cemetery from 1750 to 1853.

Views
19
Favorites
0
Comments
0
Date Added
February 26, 2012
Date Taken
February 26, 2012

Leave a Reply

Main Menu
×