In my lightboxes:
Who Needs A Kayak?
- Title: Who Needs A Kayak?
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Susquehanna River
- Nearest Town: Herndon
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: When you see damsel flies one often sees mated pairs flying in tandem, with the male flying in front and grasping the female right behind her head. It is part of the mating ritual. But this day while kayaking on the Susquehanna River in my tantem kayak, we floated past a small branch drifting down the river with at least 16 pairs resting in it and another pair coming in for a landing. Whether this was just a spot to rest or preferred spot to lay their eggs I am not sure. But I am sure it was truly an amazing sight.
- Gear: Cannon EOS Digital Rebel, 70-200 Canon Zoom Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 179 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!