In my lightboxes:
Hiking The Tunnels
- Title: Hiking The Tunnels
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Donner Pass
- Nearest Town: Truckee
- Brief Directions: The start of the hike is just below the Donner Pass Ski Resort, above Donner State Park and the town of Truckee, California.
- Description: Hiking through the snow sheds on a decommissioned rail line in Donner Pass, California just above the town of Truckee. This was taken in mid-summer of 2010 when the Sierra Nevada's had record snowfall and there was still deep snow in early July, so the tunnels had quite a bit of water in them. There is also some very artistic, interesting graffiti art in them.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 191 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!