In my lightboxes:
Cloud Bonanza Over Great Sand Dunes Np
- Title: Cloud Bonanza Over Great Sand Dunes Np
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: From Alamosa, Colorado, drive east on Highway 160, then north on 150 to Great Sand Dunes National Park.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I love photos of sand dunes and wanted to see Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado during a driving trip around the Southwest. Driving up from New Mexico, I traveled through high winds and rain. In the distance, I could see sand flying high in the sky. When I arrived at the park shortly before sunset, I quickly pulled over and started shooting the amazing cloud formation. I combined two vertical images to make a short panorama that I stitched in Photoshop CS4. The black and white conversion was made in Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2.
- Gear: Olympus E-30 camera, Zuiko f/2.8 digital lens 12-60mm, Hoya polarizer, Manfrotto tripod and ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 141 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!