In my lightboxes:
Silver Bay Marina
- Title: Silver Bay Marina
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: North Shore Scenic Area
- Nearest Town: Silver Bay, MN
- Brief Directions: Silver Bay Marina is located approximately 55 miles northeast of Duluth, MN on HWY 61. The marina is located a few blocks before the 1st street light in Silver Bay. Nvtls, there are signs posted on HWY 61 to guide your way.
- Description: The beach area in Silver Bay is not really advertised as a scenic area of the Minnesota North Shore. Nvtls, it is quite scenic and definitely worth the stop. Also, there is a very picturesque rocky beach callled Black Beach just north of the marina (which is featured in a picture posted prior to this one). I took this shot on a morning that was feeling the residuals of the previous days' rain and grey-gloom. My initial plan was to explore the beach area in Beaver Bay (little town about 10 minutes south of Silver Bay), but the immense fog in the marina proved too mysterious and idyllic to disregard.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 17-40mm f4.0L, B+W ND and Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 165 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!