In my lightboxes:
- Title: Nautical Twilight
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Marshall Point
- Nearest Town: Port Clyde
- Brief Directions: US route 1 North to Thomaston, then 131 south out the peninsula to Port Clyde.
- Description: Although I have bracketed images for this shot, as neutral it gives a good example of Nautical twilight just about to turn to Civil twilight...beginning with the sun 12 degrees below the horizon bit by by the horizon becomes more distinct and objects around you are just beginning to become distinct...use your head flash gear to set up when making your way along the cliffs in astronomical twilight. Even at the beginning of Civil twilight as this is approaching the brightest stars are still visible, and of course the moon is always a nice bonus...
- Gear: Canon 1Ds M II, Gitzo 1548 Tripod, Canon 24-70 @ 24mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!