In my lightboxes:
Columbia River Gorge Sunset
- Title: Columbia River Gorge Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Crown Point
- Nearest Town: Portland
- GPS Longitude: -122.246813
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Photo was taken from Crown Point along the Columbia River Gorge looking down river towards Portland, OR.
I was traveling on business and my first trip to this area. Locals recommended going to Crown Point to get some sunset photo opportunities. It was overcast most of the afternoon and as I drove to the area I was less than optimistic about my chances. I waited in the parking area for over an hour and just as I was about to pack up, rays from the sun broke VERY BRIEFLY through the clouds. Persistence (and a positive attitude) are everything!
I used Photomatix Pro to process the bracketed images.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, 18-200mm, 1/640, f/18, ISO 400. focal length 44mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 85 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!