In my lightboxes:
- Title: Lone Tent
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Argentina Peak in the White Mountains near Ruidoso, NM
- Nearest Town: Ruidoso, NM
- Brief Directions: From Albuquerque, NM take I-25 south to US380 and head east. Turn right onto NM 37 near Ruidos, New Mexico toward Bonito Lake. Past Bonito Lake you will come across a parking area and some of the trailheads. One of these trails is the Argentina Peak trail, where this picture was taken.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In the Southwest, rain is always welcome, although usually in this region when it rains, it not only pours, it floods. I snapped this picture of my lone tent and the beautiful White Mountains in the background right after a flash flood had blown by and the sun had almost completely set behind me.
- Gear: Sony DSC-HX9V
This Photo Has Been Viewed 289 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!