In my lightboxes:
Marine Geology In Your Face
- Title: Marine Geology In Your Face
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mendocino Coast-Bowling Ball Beach
- Nearest Town: Point Arena
- Brief Directions: CA Hwy 1 about 5 miles south of Point Arena
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is an area called Bowling Ball Beach, and is representative of the geologically active San Andreas Fault zone. The layered sandstone has been uplifted as the Pacific Plate and the North American Plates meet. The layers make for a highly textured landscape, as is evident in this image.
- Gear: Nikon D3s, 24-70mm Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 167 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!