In my lightboxes:
Sea Urchin And Kelp At Low Tide
- Title: Sea Urchin And Kelp At Low Tide
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pebble Beach, Sonoma Coast
- Nearest Town: Sea Ranch
- Brief Directions: CA Hwy 1 to Sea Ranch
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: After a red tide occured off our coast here, many small red urchins were killed and their "Tests" washed up on the beach. These remnant skeletons are quite beautiful in themselves, highly textured and a terrific example of nature's most complex designs. I liked the contrast of the smooth kelp pod with the graininess of the sand and urchin.
- Gear: Nikon D3s, 24-70 mm 2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 219 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!