In my lightboxes:
- Title: Photographing Goosenecks
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monument Valley
- Nearest Town: Mexican Hat
- Brief Directions: From Monument Valley, take US-163 north through Mexican Hat, UT. Just north of Mexican Hat, turn on UT-261 then UT-316 to Goosenecks State Park.
- GPS Longitude: -110
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Tucson photographer Mark Boyer captures the Goosenecks of the San Juan during an Arizona Highways Workshop. Just west of Mexican Hat, Utah, the San Juan River makes a series of tight turns, called goosenecks, flowing more than 6 miles over a distance of 1-1/2 miles. Goosenecks State Park provides an amazing vista 1,000 ft. above the river.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK II, 17-40mm @ 17mm pano, RRS Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 402 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!