In my lightboxes:
- Title: Creekscape
- State/Province/Region: Arkansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Buffalo National River
- Nearest Town: Ponca
- Brief Directions: The Lost Valley trailhead is located 1.5 miles south of Ponca, AR on Hwy 43. The trail is 2.1 miles roundtrip and is a delightful place to photograph waterfalls, Ozark Mountain geology, fall color and spring wildflowers.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sometimes the small, friendly waterfalls and cascades rushing over the ledges of a creek are just as fascinating as their larger waterfall cousins, who tend to attract all of the photographic attention. While I love shooting a big, giant, mesmerizing waterfall, I'm learning that smaller ones offer unique, intimate naturescape moments.
This image was taken in winter on Clark Creek along the Lost Valley Trail in the upper Buffalo National River wilderness.
- Gear: Nikon D300 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens with Tiffen 0-.6 ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 188 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!