In my lightboxes:
Embracing The Falls
- Title: Embracing The Falls
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bridalveil falls
- Nearest Town: Yosemite
- Brief Directions: Hard to miss the parking lot and the falls when you enter into Yosemite Valley from any of the three routes from the west!
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Whenever I shoot Bridalvail through the years, I get thoroughly soaked as does my lens and camera. It's refreshing and I simply blot off the camera when I get back to the car. If your camera is stuck in a case because you are afraid of the mist, you miss a great opportunity, such as this, one of my favorites of Yosemite and a reflection of my first visit many years ago.
The woman looked up, outstretched her arms on the late May day years ago, and I got a couple of frames. Luck was favoring my preparation that day and I got one of my iconic photos of Yosemite that Ansel would not have gotten with his cumbersome view camera!
- Gear: Camera, wide angle lens, towel
This Photo Has Been Viewed 88 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!