In my lightboxes:
Spring Runoff At Hangin Lake
- Title: Spring Runoff At Hangin Lake
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glenwood Springs
- Nearest Town: Glenwood Springs
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The trailhead to Hanging Lake in Colorado is less than 10 miles from Glenwood Springs and right off of I-70. Despite that, and being a Colorado native, I only heard of the trailhead a week before. With my daughters in tow (my wife stayed with her father at the picnic ground), we made the 1.5 mile trek to the lake above on Father's Day. The lake itseld is beautiful, but we'd had a pretty heavy late spring runoff, and these rivulets were running every few hundred yards. I liked the dappled light, and the lovely moss. Impatient as they were, my daughters waited while I fired of a few shots.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikon 18-200 AF-S f3.5-5.6G, Really Right Stuff Tripod with BH55 ballhead, Lee ND6 filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 355 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!