In my lightboxes:
Moonbows At Yosemite
- Title: Moonbows At Yosemite
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite national park
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Brief Directions: This image was acquired at the end of the short trail leading to the lower Yosemite falls. The vantage point is just past the bridge and directly across from the falls.
- GPS Longitude: 37
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Every year when the snow melts the waterfalls begin their thundering cascade down the chiseled granite peaks at Yosemite. The mist from these waterfalls sprays over a large distance away from the waterfall. This makes it possible for rainbows to form at the base of the fall. On rare nights when the moon is full and the whole place is bathed in that ethereal light the rainbows can be seen like dancing peacocks all across the waterfalls. It was a very special night..with hundreds of other photographers..who cheered with each rainbow and their cheering echoed through the night !
- Gear: Nikon D90 24-70 mm f 2.8 Nikkor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 530 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!