In my lightboxes:
Lee Vining Tufas At Sunrise, 1-20-12
- Title: Lee Vining Tufas At Sunrise, 1-20-12
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Take Test Station Road off Hwy 395 as you are leaving Lee Vining travelling south.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Just East of Lee Vining is a grove of tufas that rivals the better known South Tufa grove. The Lee Vining Tufas are difficult to access, but worth the effort. This morning I was rewarded with a firey sunrise that made the tufas glow.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35L lens, Gitzo tripod, BH-1 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 105 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!