In my lightboxes:
Lee Viming Tufas At Sunrise, 1-20-12
- Title: Lee Viming Tufas At Sunrise, 1-20-12
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Travelling south out of Lee Vining on Hwy 395, turn left on to Test Station Road and head north at the junction.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Just East of Lee Vining is a tufa grove that rivals the better known South Tufa area. The Lee Vining tufas are tough to access, but worth the effort. This morning I was treated to a firey sunrise that made the tufas glow.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35L lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 198 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!