In my lightboxes:
Black Point Tufa Islands At Sunset, 3-30-11
- Title: Black Point Tufa Islands At Sunset, 3-30-11
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Heading north out of Lee Vining on Hwy 395, go east on Cemetary Road and follow the small signs to Black Point
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sometimes plans go as planned. My weather research suggested conditions would be right for a brilliant sunset and my goal was to trek out to these tufa islands out at Black Point at Mono Lake. My planning and pre-visualization were rewarded with a very nice image.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35L lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 153 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!