In my lightboxes:
Waldo Canyon Wildfire Sunset
- Title: Waldo Canyon Wildfire Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Waldo Canyon Wildfire was the most destructive in Colorado history. During the afternoon and night of 26 June 2012 the fire entered the northwest part of Colorado Springs and destroyed 346 homes and damaged countless others. My wife and I were forced to evacuate to the east end of town and I photographed this sunset the following evening. With a combination of clouds and smoke the sunsets were one of the few beauties of the fire.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter, Ledvon 2540Q Tripod, Vello Remote Shutter Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 177 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!