In my lightboxes:
Sunset Clouds Over Owens Valley California
- Title: Sunset Clouds Over Owens Valley California
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Brief Directions: From the town of Bishop, California, in the Owens Vally, drive east on East Line Street and look for a dirt road on which to turn right (north). Pick a spot you like, set up and wait. Patience does pay off.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: We had been shooting the Ancient Bristlecone Pines in the White Mountains along the California-Nevada border and were headed into Bishop to grab a late dinner when we saw the clouds developing. So, we drove partway into Bishop and then out toward the open area near the Owens River when we set up our tripods and waited. The waiting paid off as the setting sun and clouds combined to create this image.
- Gear: Canon 5D, Canon 17-40mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 61 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!