In my lightboxes:
- Title: Glory
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lower Hood Canal
- Nearest Town: Belfair
- Brief Directions: From WA-16 West take WA-3 south to the town of Belfair. After the traffic light approx. 1/2 mile on the right you will find the May Theler Wetlands refuge and Salmon Center parking lot. Take the trail into the wetlands to the Union River.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: When I am out photographing and I want to capture the iridescent colors of the birds, sunlight and the right angle is important. I was out on the Theler Wetlands dike trail along the Union River near Belfair Washington waiting for the sun to re-appear after going behind some clouds. I sat patiently watching the birds and occasionally glancing over my shoulder to see when the sun would clear the cloud when I saw this! Not sure how long the light flare would last I scrambled to change lenses.
- Gear: Canon 7D EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
This Photo Has Been Viewed 225 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!