In my lightboxes:
Looking Up At Big Cypress
- Title: Looking Up At Big Cypress
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Miami or Naples
- Nearest Town: Ochopee
- Brief Directions: From Florida's Turnpike South near Miami, take SW 8th Street west (Exit 25-27) as it turns into State Road 41. Take SR41 west for approximately 30 miles, then pick a place that looks nice to you!
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Big Cypress National Preserve is named for the size of the swamp, not the size of the trees themselves. However, looking up illustrates how looming and majestic South Florida's wetland trees can be. The light filtering through the leaves at midday allowed the enhancement of the green glow. This image was taken near Clyde Butcher's Big Cypress Gallery just off Tamiami Trail.
- Gear: Canon 40D, 17-85mm IS USM f/4-5.6 lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 64 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!