In my lightboxes:
Black Vulture On Sand Dune
- Title: Black Vulture On Sand Dune
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Orlando
- Nearest Town: Titusville
- Brief Directions: From Interestate 95 in Central Florida, take Exit 220 (Garden Street/SR406) east toward the coast, across the bride over the Intracoastal Waterway on to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. Turn right onto Peacock's Pocket road, a dirt road for cars along the top of the dike that controls water levels throughout the refuge. This road may be closed due to conditions; always call ahead or check online for closures.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Black vultures are a common sight on Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. This one was sitting on a pile of fill dirt, and the placement of the bird along with the distinct tonal shift of the sand made for an interesting composition. The sun was quite high in the sky, but the lighting helped define the simplicity of the tones.
- Gear: Canon 40D, !00-400mm IS USM f/4-5.6 lens, beanbag
This Photo Has Been Viewed 92 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!