In my lightboxes:
Least Bitterns In The Marsh
- Title: Least Bitterns In The Marsh
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Orlando
- Nearest Town: Titusville
- Brief Directions: Take State Road 406 (Garden Street) in Titusville, Florida east across the Intracoastal Waterway to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, and onto Black Point Wildlife Drive.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This pair of least bitterns appeared to have a nest or territory in the mangroves along the dike, and would take turns coming out of the brush, down to the water's edge. I captured images of both of them as they came to the water, each hunting in the same spot as the other. I took one image of each and combined them in Photostitch to make one panoramic-style image.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm IS USM f/5.6 lens, braced on car window
This Photo Has Been Viewed 199 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!