In my lightboxes:
- Title: Kingfisher Chatter
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Star Lake Recreation Area
- Nearest Town: Boulder Junction
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Juvenile Belted Kingfisher (female), Ceryle alcyon, chatters away on its lichen-covered perch over the water hoping to get the adult nearby to fetch it more fish! The loud rattling cry is very distinctive. Kingfishers are experts at diving for fish and this juvenile can likely catch fish for itself by now. The adults will often assist for a few days after fledgling but then the youngsters, much to their dismay, have to fend for themselves. Taken on a very hot, muggy fourth of July 2012 on Star Lake, Boulder Junction area in Wisconsin.
- Gear: Canon EOS REBEL T2i / EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 78 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!