In my lightboxes:
Will You Marry Me?
- Title: Will You Marry Me?
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Venice Rookery
- Nearest Town: Venice
- Brief Directions: 1. Take I-75 to Jacaranda Blvd (Exit-193, Old #35) 2. Take Jacaranda South to US-41 3. Turn right onto US-41 and go immediately to left lane. 4. Go very short distance and make very first left turn onto Annex Road (Between Police building on
left & city building on right). 5. Go approximately 1/4 mile and look for Lake on right. pull off onto grassy parking area on left.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The Rookery at Venice, FL is remarkable in that dozens of egrets, herons, and anhinghas nest here every year within a highly developed urban/suburban area. While the exact times of nesting vary according to annual weather patterns, winter is usually the best season to observe breeding and nesting behavior. Late winter/early spring provide opportunities to photograph chicks, feeding, and early flight. I took this image in mid-morning, 1/25/09. This male egret had just flown into the nesting area with a twig to present to his chosen female for the nest.
- Gear: Nikon D300; Nikkor 200-400mmVR at 300mm; ISO 250, f/5.6, 1/2000
This Photo Has Been Viewed 117 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!