In my lightboxes:
- Title: Five Skimmers
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Cocoa Beach
- Brief Directions: Cocoa Beach is located near Cape Canaveral in Florida.If you are driving into Florida, you'll want to find your way to I-95 and head south. Get off I-95 at Exit 205A -- Route 528 (Beachline) East. Once you cross the IntraCoastal Waterways, you'll reach Port Canaveral. The Beachline then turns into A1A, leading you right into the heart of Cocoa Beach.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I loved the afternoon light on these adult Black Skimmers feeding in the wave wash at the edge of the Atlantic. Groups of skimmers were flying back and forth; my goal was to frame a group in such a way that each individual bird within the photograph was distinct.
- Gear: Nikon D300; Nikkor 200-400mmVR at 320mm; f/5.6, 1/2000
This Photo Has Been Viewed 214 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!