In my lightboxes:
Crane Impressions 3
- Title: Crane Impressions 3
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Luis Valley
- Description: When photographing wildlife, my objective is to transcend the representative portrait and create something that, I hope at least, rises to the level of being art. While I fail in this endeavor more often than not, keeping the creation of art as my primary goal influences the way I approach wildlife subjects. It forces me to give much more thought to composition, light, mood, lens choice, aperture, shutter speed, and the story I want to tell. In this photograph of sandhill cranes taking wing at dusk, using a slow shutter speed while panning gives an impressionistic appearance.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 100 - 400
This Photo Has Been Viewed 482 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!