In my lightboxes:
Pikes Peak Seen From Garden Of The Gods On New Year's Day
- Title: Pikes Peak Seen From Garden Of The Gods On New Year's Day
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: From I-25 turn west on Garden of the God's Road and continue until it ends at 30th Street. Turn left (south) and in about 1.5 miles you will come to the entrance of Garden of the Gods City Park.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I snapped this image just after high noon on January 1, 2011. The temperature was about 15 degrees so, despite the bright sunlight, the snow still remained. The blue sky, white-capped peak and the red sandstone rock in the foreground (which looked like a miniature Pikes Peak) gave this scene a fresh look to usher in the new year.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camers; Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens; Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 232 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!