In my lightboxes:
The Blacksmith's Shop
- Title: The Blacksmith's Shop
- State/Province/Region: Connecticut
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bakersville
- Nearest Town: New Hartford
- Brief Directions: On US Rt 202 at the intersection of Cotton Hill Rd in the Bakersville section of New Hartford.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I pass by this old building every morning on the way to work. There was always something about the weathered boards and rusty metal that would catch my eye. I've seen this picture in my mind in all seasons for years but never seemed to take the time to stop and actually take it with my camera - the classic "I'll get back to it someday" mentality. Thankfully, one day I finally went out after a fresh overnight snow. Since then the owner has pulled the tree out on the left and completely replaced all the siding. Lesson - if you know of the picture, go take it. Now! There may never be a someday...
- Gear: Canon T1i, Canon EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 215 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!