In my lightboxes:
Peter's Creek Colors
- Title: Peter's Creek Colors
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Green Cove Springs
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Florida is not typically associated with fall colors. The right combination of weather, however, can result in subtle colors in the northern part of the state. I noticed this scene while driving by Peters Creek, a small tributary to Black Creek and the St John's River, just outside Green Cove Springs FL. I was struck by the contrasts: the complexity of the detail versus the abstract simplicity of the overall scene; the blocks of color versus the grays of the spanish moss and tree bark; the tranquility of the water versus the sense of energy of the forest. The image was captured in late morning under overcast skies - a perfect combination for this type of photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D300, AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm, Singh Ray LB Color Combo Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 211 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!