In my lightboxes:
- Title: Colliers Mills Kayaking
- State/Province/Region: New Jersey
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: To reach the wildlife management area, take Exit 16A [Six Flags] of I-195 and turn right onto County 537. Continue for 3.4 miles and turn left onto Hawkin Road. The office is on the left, with a main sand road leading into the area just beyond.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area offers over 12,000 acres of pristine Pine Barrens habitat. With three lakes to paddle, canoeing and kayaking are popular activities. This picture was taken on Turn Mill Lake, the largest of the three lakes, with over 100 acres.
Like many of the lakes in the New Jersey Pine Barrens, Collier's Mills lakes were once home to sawmills and smelting furnaces. The name Collier's comes from the charcoal burners that made this a prosperous mill.
- Gear: Pentax 12.1 Megapixel Waterproof Camera
This Photo Has Been Viewed 92 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!